Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Newbie Thoughts

  1. #1
    JATG
    Guest JATG's Avatar

    Post

    Warning...Some spoilers for the current ish:

    Okay, let me take a moment to introduce myself and my SIP status. In the matter of days of being introduced to SIP (my friend had vols 1-5 (he had loaned a friend 6-10) I went from never heard of it to now have TBP 1-10 and the current issues.

    Love it, and I'm still trying to process most of everything I've read...there are some things I'm still trying to wrap my head around ... like if K and F are best friends in 7th grade why does it seem in the High School collection they are just barely getting to know each other? I mean...Katchoo tells Francine to call her Katchoo their sophomore year?

    And is the night of the school play also Katchoo's birthday...because that IS when she appears battered and bloody at F's window to be held and rocked through the night.

    And when she LEAVES Francine says "I finally meet my best friend etc..." but I thought they had been best friends ... so there are some things I'm still confused about. I'm trying not to play too hard and too fast with time lines but some things are still throwing me really out of whack.

    HOWEVER, (and while I'd LOVE some discussion on this though I figure it has been discussed to death, I'm just a newbie) I have every confidence David doesn't die next ish... but I'm not sure that I really CARE.

    David is tangled in every web of half truth in K and F's lives and if he truly DOES love her then running away was the best thing I could do. There's only so long you can pine for someone who pines for someone else.

    When Katchoo tells him she has always been upfront with him she's not entirely honest.

    The sleeping together not withstanding she has played too hard and too fast with the boy. Too many kisses, too many looks and while you can semi justify every one away, it still mounts. Yes, frankly, I think she led him on. I don't think it was overtly intentional but lets face it. She wrote down in her journal she loves Francine.

    She's never been in doubt about that. David got a brief second mention AFTER K was finished writing about Francine and how Francine needs to hug her. (awwww)

    David. Go away. Give them some time. Give them some space. You nailed it on the head when you said there was no room in their threesome.

    Casey makes me laugh. For such a ditz she can be very astute at times.... pinning K down and telling her she needed to call F or she'll wind up a lonely old maid. A subtle matchmaker she is NOT...so I was rather surprised she couldn't leave the two of them alone... but then again that seems to be a SIP trademark. Everytime K and F start having a REAL conversation they get interrupted. It's almost a cliche now when I'm reading. "Ah. A heart to heart. I wonder who will interrupt them now."

    Still...I guess it turned out to be an interesting plot device to have Casey NOT be the latest victim of Dumoni. As soon as I got to the panels where he calls out, "Hey, who turned out the lights" I had a BAD feeling.
    Sure...the girl may be buff and all that...but if you're not expecting an attack you can be so much toast.

    Okay, so all this was long and convoluted (as is SIP...thats why I love it,) so go easy on a new girl.

    JATG

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Thrasymachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2001
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The school play was around April 1, at Francine's birthday. Katchoo's birthday is November 19. Terry has said that the phrase "since 7th grade" is just Katchoo's hyperbole.

    ------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Annalee's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome JATG! Have an oreo. Wow. You read the whole thing that fast? I'm surprised you didn't have a coronary. Well, welcome to the painful wait for the next issue!

    ------------------
    "If you don't break my ass, then I won't break your heart" Jim Dodge

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    My my JATG, you are a quick study! That pretty much sums it up, the whole series, the love triangle thing, the strange (albeit minor) inconsistancies & etc.

    Welcome, have some M&Ms to go with those oreos. Feel free to yackity-yack whenever you like.

    ------------------
    No will but thy will
    No law but the laws you make
    2cats + 2cats = 5Cats!
    Self-proclaimed "LairPet"...Wierder than the average cat!
    Captain TMI!...Resident Feline Expert! >^..^<

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JettGrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 1999
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Greetings JATG!
    Nothing to add to the thread, I'm afraid, other than welcome to the board and the great addiction that is SiP! Have some oreos and milk!
    Are you a (former?) Xenite and cartoonist?
    Just checking.

    ~JettGrrl

    ------------------
    She don't need advice that you send to her. She's happy the way she looks, she's happy with her gender.~JJ

    See that star...the one shining brighter than all the others? I know the girl who hung it there.
    ~Francine

    [This message has been edited by JettGrrl (edited March 26, 2002).]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Welcome to the board! Have milk to go with the oreos and M&M's. smile

    There has been a lot of discussion over many of the issues you've brought up. Feel free to dig up old threads or just start some more.

    I can't really add much at the moment, but I will say that issue #46 shows that Fran and Kat knew of each other before senior year in high school.

    ------------------
    The ninja lesbian milk getter. aka dorkflakes.
    Take the time to feel the wind.
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    "I'm not crazy, I'm just reality challenged" -tyledras
    Help Hostboard by using that search engine.
    ChatterBox
    Bran's Place

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •